A Grade II Listed 7 storey Georgian terraced property circa 1774, backing onto St James Park and featured in the Survey of London. Built as a family house it was unsympathetically converted into office headquarters in the mid 1960’s and remained in commercial use until purchased by our client. Our brief was to restore the building to its former elegance and use as a single family town house.
Comprehensive refurbishment included opening up the entrance hall to its original form, installation of a new kitchen, bathrooms and cloakrooms and the sensitive reordering of sophisticated services into the fabric of the building.
Our main intervention was a new full width, single storey extension with a structural glazed roof. This, combined with extensive reorganisation of the lower ground floor, provides a large family room and kitchen with a terrace above: as well as normal consents this required a License from the Royal Parks.